Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in Microsoft Word (doc or docx) format. This will be used for processing. In addition a pdf version of the manuscript including the tables and graphics in the position they should appear in the final version,
should be submitted, which will be used as a definitive version in the event of errors in processing. For LaTeX, see next point in checklist.
- LaTeX files are acceptable, but not as a native file. Please generate a pdf and this will be used for the processing. Each chemical formula, figure or scheme must be saved in its native format or pdf in a separate file.
- Each formula, figure or scheme is saved in its native format or pdf in a separate file.
- The tables are set up with the table function of the word processing software or with the tabulator key.
- Times font is used for text and Symbol for Greek letters. Footnote management systems and end-of-line hyphenation are avoided.
- Please indicate in the 'Information for the Editor' the name of your Guest Editor, if appropriate, or the column for which your submission is intended, so that it can be properly assigned.
Vol 75 No 6 (2021) Peptide Chemistry in Switzerland
Guest Editor Jean-Louis Reymond, University of Bern
Vol 75 No 7/8 (2021) SCS Major Awards 2020-2021 / SCS Fall Meeting 2021
Guest Editors Alian DeMesmaeker and Catherine Housecroft
Vol 75 No 9 (2021) Renewable Feedstock and Biomass Valorization
Guest Editor Fabrice Gallou
Vol 75 No 10 (2021) Photochemistry
Guest Editor Christian Bochet
Vol 75 No 11 (2021) Industry-Academic Partnerships
Guest Editor Christof Sparr
Vol 75 No 12 (2021) Chemical Biology
Guest Editor Howard Riezmann
Vol 75 No 3 (2021) H2 Production and CO2 Conversion: Insights and Progress
Guest Edited by Greta Patzke, University of Zurich
Vol 75 No 4 (2021) Laureates: Junior Prizes Fall Meeting 2020
Guest Editor Hans Peter Lüthi, ETHZ
Vol 75 No 5 (2021) Colloidal Nanocrystals
Guest Editor Jonathen De Roos, University of Basel
- In signing this agreement, the corresponding author certifies that she or he is authorised by all authors of the manuscript detailed above to enter into these arrangements. All authors of the manuscript agree with the publication of the manuscript and all authors are entitled to enter into such arrangements.
- The submitted manuscript is original, written by the authors, and has not been published before (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, report or working paper). The manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The authors warrant and represent that the rights they grant in this agreement are not now subject to prior assignment, transfer or other encumbrance. This also applies to the text and photo originals attained from other sources (for which the authors have secured the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere).
- The manuscript contains nothing that is unlawful, libelous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy.
- In the event that the parties to this agreement, either individually or collectively, are held responsible for damages and/or the costs of a legal process undertaken by a third party as a result of the authors’ actions under points 1, 2, 3, and 4, the authors agree to release the Swiss Chemical Society (Publisher) from the claims of the third party and to compensate the Publisher for any resulting legal costs.
- The authors agree to the following license and copyright agreement:
- Authors retain copyright in their work.
- Authors grant the CHIMIA the right of first publication online in the internet (on the internet platform Ingenta Connect, www.ingentaconnect.com), www.chimia.ch and in print.
- The electronic contributions in the internet are distributed under the ‘Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International’ License CC BY 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/). This license allows others to copy and redistribute the work in any medium or format, to remix, transform and build upon the material with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in CHIMIA. These conditions are irrevocable. The full text of the license may be read under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of their work, as long as the conditions of the CC BY 4.0 License are fulfilled and initial publication in CHIMIA is acknowledged.
- Authors grant the Publisher commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals, as well as to integrate the manuscript, its title, and its abstract in databases, abstracting and indexing services, and other similar information services.
- This agreement is subject to possible legal disclosure obligations.
- This agreement is governed by Swiss law. Court of jurisdiction is Bern.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.